Sunday, October 26, 2008

DOUBLE DOUBLE

It was a good feeling..

For the first time in months I had a chance to relive the past. After all the injuries, i constantly told myself that I wouldn't be able to rock the ball. It was a painful fate but I had accepted it, however the calling was too much..

After a dozen of sessions of rehab, I tried to make a comeback. But I knew I was out of shape, and out of breath.. Loss after loss, I reminded myself that I wasn't the player I used to be.. Unfortunately, with each loss, it was like punch after punch; hitting directly at my weakened confidence.. Each blow was like a persistent echo, telling me that this sport is not for me..

All banged up, guts bulging out and a sore ankle, I had to find my resolve. It was the final test, if it was meant to be..
So I stepped on the hardcourt thinking that this would be my last if ever i lose.

It was my battleground. A different field of battle; far more physical, far more serious than what I was used to back home. It was a nostalgic feeling; seeing opponents matched with your strength, size and then some.. A fast phase where no wimps need to apply. I relish the challenge - bumps after bumps, hard cuts and elbows everywhere.
After just a few minutes, I was having a hard time and then I was exhausted as hell but I knew I still had it in me..
So for one last hurdle, I commanded every strength in me and went on.
It was so much fun. Lady luck was shining on me for she blessed me with skilled teammates.
They somehow brought back the old me.
After taking the lead, we never held back.
I was battling for rebounds, defending and scoring..
It was really a great feeling..
10 and 10 is a good start, right?
Its a sign...
I will fly again..

No comments: